It is always better to register the entire family with us rather than one single member.
If you live in our practice area and wish to register as a patient at our surgery then we need certain information from you and each member of your family so as to be able to trace your previous medical records.
We advise you here on how you may register as there are several methods of doing so.
- Please ensure you are living within our catchment area.
- You may call into the surgery bringing with you your NHS medical cards from your previous NHS doctor.
- You may call into the surgery without bringing with you your NHS medical cards from your previous NHS doctor. This may arise if you cannot find your cards or if you do not have any e.g. if you have recently arrived in the country. This is less preferable since it may take longer to trace your medical records and you will have to fill in more paper work, so please find your medical cards if you can. Please bring in a proof of your ID and proof of address where you are living. You may also be asked to bring in your passport if you are an immigrant as you must have a right to live in UK. If you are just visiting UK, we will not be able to register you with the practice.
- Obtain the appropriate forms from reception, or print them from here (see below).
- The practice will contact you confirming that you have been accepted.
- Prior to any appointments with a GP unless it is an emergency it will be necessary for you and all members of the family over 5 years of age to attend for a new patient health check. This will be with our Health Care Assistant or a Advanced Nurse Practitioner. After confirming with the surgery, that you live in our catchment area you may print off a registration form, fill it out and bring it in with you to register at the practice. Please refer to our boundary map to see if you are eligible to register with this practice
When you register you will also be asked to fill out a medical questionnaire. This is because it can take a considerable time for us to receive your medical records. You may print this off, fill it out and bring it with you to the surgery. Alternatively you may wish to collect this from the surgery.
Below are the forms required to register with the surgery. Please complete ALL of the forms and bring the completed forms to the surgery.
IF YOU REQUIRE A MEDICAL CARD IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CALL PATIENT REGISTRATIONS ON 01922 603 150 AND REQUEST A MEDICAL CARD IS SENT TO YOU.